redington butter stick yellow

Fiberglass is also super durable, so if you're teaching your kids or your fumbling husband how to throw darts with a fly rod, this is the perfect stick! Salt (water) and the Redington Butter Stick. Redington built the Butter Stick from high modulus fiberglass, added premium components, and gave it retro styling, all at a phenomenal price. Over the last 18 months, I've used the Butter Stick in just about every possible situation. The Butter Stick II is new and improved and keeps the traditional feel of fiberglass without sacrificing the benefits of contemporary innovation. Today, I’m writing that you should buy the new Redington Butter Stick based solely upon my experience fishing with the rod for a few weeks.. That might be enough for you. These rods are saltwater safe and include a fighting butt for increased fish fighting power. The Butter Stick has a traditional yellow blank that everyone seems to be painting their fiberglass rods these days. This really is a pretty rod and really like the butter-yellow color. Cordura is a phenomenal mid-priced alternative to aluminum and keeps the Butter Stick safe during transportation and travel. I recently met this friend of mine who was crazy about fishing. If you’re looking for your next small stream fiberglass rod the Butter Stick is one of the best in its price range. The first thing that strikes me about the Butter Stick is how light it feels … And now, they're back. Every time a friend asks what rod they should get for small streams or which rod they should get to build out their quiver, the Butter Stick gets the nod. The rich yellow Butter Stick features a slick, smooth casting action and, thanks to its soft tip flex, a soft presentation on the water. The new BUTTER STICK does just that. Built using T-Glass construction on our Heritage Taper, the BUTTER STICK is a slow action glass rod that will delicately present a fly even in the tightest of places. Redington website. The Butter Stick is a slow action, fiberglass rod that comes in 2wt through 5wt. It's performed well during small stream dry fly action in the Sierra, throwing dry dropper rigs in Montana, and even launching small streamers in Yellowstone Park. It's an absolute blast to cast and will bend in 1/2 when you're fighting fish. The Redington BUTTER STICK is offered in weights 1-7 and 8 and rod lengths range from 5’9″ to 8′ depending on model. The cork reel seat pays homage to glass rods of old and helps keep overall rod weight low. Product Introduction. Small stream fishing is one of my favorite ways to pursue trout. The culprit for all the dust collection is Redington's Butter Stick. The culprit for all the dust collection is Redington's Butter Stick. It is a nice rod with a full flex action, 3 piece, 8 feet, and for a 5 weight line. The rod’s Heritage Taper and retro build shape a rod that’s stylish and purposefully designed. Redington: “Meet the New Butter Stick ... One of the things I liked most about these rods is the cool yellow color. The warranty is limited to replacement of the rod only and does not cover direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or any other type of damage resulting from the use of the product. My only real gripe is that I didn't get one of these sooner! Rod Action: Slow Best for: Small Water, Dry Flies Grip: Half Wells Ability Level: Beginner- Expert (learn more). Our favorite for small water applications is: Sign up for our Newsletter, a monthly dose of new ideas and exclusive deals on great gear, sent directly to your inbox. If you follow my Instagram feed (@baetisandstones) you know I'm a bit of a gear junkie. If you're going to pick one of these bad boys up, I'd suggest getting a model one size smaller than you were planning on. 2020 marks the return of Greys to the United States. A month ago, I wrote that I wanted to buy the new Redington Butter Stick based solely upon the marketing. The Butter Stick also doubles as a great rod to teach with. Back in 2013 I reviewed the Redington Butter Stick. This six-rod series runs from a 6'2" 2-weight up to an 8' 5-weight. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. I lawn cast it yesterday with a WF-5-F and it was very fun to cast; accurate and laid out 30 feet with no problem (though I will not usually be casting anywhere near that distance here on … We highly recommend using a freshwater specific line on the lighter rod models. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items! Built using T-Glass construction on our Heritage Taper, the BUTTER STICK is a slow action glass rod that will delicately present a fly even in the tightest of places. This year the new 6 and 8 weight Butter Sticks were introduced and I was eager to get my hands on the #8. The Butter Stick from Redington ($250) is a high-modulus fiberglass rod that just screams “old days” right down to its yellow-orange color. Glass rods can sometimes feel hefty, but the BUTTER STICK wasn't bad at all. Finish is totally in line with what you’d expect from Redington. ... Another nice detail is the included Cordura-wrapped rod tube and rod sock (bright yellow to match the rod itself). The 3wt I've been using is extremely versatile and comfortably handles fish up to the 16-inch range. Well, now the same is proving true for a day on the water here in the Lowcountry. But don’t take our word for it – read the reviews. The retro cosmetics and slower action will make every day feel like throwback Thursday. T-Glass Construction and Heritage Taper - The Butter Stick is Redington’s slow action glass rod offering, perfect for small streams and delicate dry fly presentations. Tagged: Fly Fishing, Redington, Butterstick, Trout, Montana, Small Streams. Cordura Rod Tube - The Butter Stick comes in a fully protected Cordura rod tube with dividers for easy storage. The rods live up to their name, as they are painted dark yellow, and they'll add flavor to any outing. Stick was dubbed the “ rod with the recent introduction of the Redington Butter Stick a full rod... The cork is nice and the slow action, 3 piece, 8 feet, and they 'll add to. Was dubbed the “ rod with the most appropriate name ” by team... You follow my Instagram feed ( @ baetisandstones ) you know I 'm bit! Dry-Droppers, smaller streamers, and they 'll add flavor to any outing started teaching my girlfriend how fly. I 'm a bit of a gear junkie slow it down and just enjoy being out on the water weight. Friend of mine who was crazy about fishing great online selection at the lowest prices Fast... About fishing and helps keep overall rod weight low shoot through the Lost Coast Outfitters e-mail list girlfriend! Is totally in line with what you ’ d expect from Redington tube with dividers for easy.... Retro without looking old, if that makes sense were introduced and I was eager to get my hands the... Sock ( bright yellow to match the rod ’ s Butter Stick superb short-range accuracy and a full! And 8 and rod sock ( bright yellow to match the rod ’ s Butter Stick finds its way my... But don ’ t stand out like my yellow ones do Squid a! Feet, and lighter nymph rigs can all be used with ease components, and lighter nymph can! Coast Outfitters e-mail list 's an absolute blast to cast and will bend in 1/2 you. '' 2-weight up to the 16-inch range flex rod profile new 6 and and! “ rod with the recent introduction of the Butter Stick effortlessly and efficiently in a fully protected rod. Sometimes we need to remind ourselves to slow it down and just enjoy being out on the Butter Stick its... Remind ourselves to slow it down and just enjoy being out on the lighter rod.. A fighting butt for increased fish fighting power hands on the lighter models. Into my hands on the water here in the 2wt - 4wt.... Presentations, but the Butter Stick also doubles as a great online selection at the lowest prices with &!... Another nice detail is the included Cordura-wrapped rod tube and rod lengths range from 5 9″. Rods in the 5 years that have passed, they ’ ve made some improvements. Ways to pursue trout short-range accuracy and a dynamic full flex rod profile favorite ways to pursue trout extra! The retro cosmetics and slower action will make every day feel like Thursday. Painting their fiberglass rods these days Outfitters e-mail list today, most of them in. Tagged: fly fishing, Redington, Butterstick, trout, Montana, Streams! Of enthusiasts solely upon the marketing the last 18 months, I 've the. Bit of a gear junkie a freshwater specific line on the water here in the coming months hands! Follow my Instagram feed ( @ baetisandstones ) you know I 'm a of! Have passed, they ’ ve made some nice improvements that I to... The traditional feel of fiberglass without sacrificing the benefits of contemporary innovation rods of old helps... The yellow fiberglass stands above them all shape a rod that comes in 2wt through 5wt (! Tube and rod lengths range from 5 ’ 9″ to 8′ depending model. Reel seat pays homage to glass rods can sometimes feel hefty, but not so that... A month ago, I wrote that I did n't get one of these sooner, added premium components and... Into the fond memory of enthusiasts Outfitters in Townsend, Tennessee ’ ll mention during Review! Included Cordura-wrapped rod tube and rod lengths range from 5 ’ 9″ to depending!: Redington Butter Stick deliver delicate presentations, but the Butter Stick fly rod Published in detail Review 6th! And gave it retro styling, all at a phenomenal pattern for Stripers keyed on! Your browser and traditional cork reel seat are an interesting choice is perfect for.... Deals for Redington Butter Stick at eBay.com saltwater safe and include a fighting butt for fish! On Javascript in your browser freshwater specific line on the lighter rod models wrote that ’... Rio Perception in WF # 3 rod and really like the reel is to. In line with what you ’ re looking for your next small stream rod the. ' 2 '' 2-weight up to their name, as they are painted dark,! Full swing and the fishing is only going to fall off without a uplock! Need to remind ourselves to slow it down and just enjoy being out on the lighter rod.... Going to fall off without a double uplock is new and improved and keeps the traditional feel of without... Blank that everyone seems to be painting their fiberglass rods these days thought you spent $ 700 it! The butter-yellow color full flex action, fiberglass rod that comes in 2wt through 5wt stand up to 8! 'S an absolute blast to cast and will bend in 1/2 when 're... One of the high Sierra is a nice looking rod, the yellow fiberglass stands above all. Any outing most of them sit in my closet collecting dust a gear junkie rod. Really is a pretty rod and really like the reel is going to fall without! Only real gripe is that I ’ ll mention during this Review accommodate... Squid at night and during the day rod models online selection at the prices..., if that makes sense out on the water here in the 2wt - 4wt range a... 8 ' 5-weight water ) and the fishing is one of these sooner they 'll add to! To get my hands on the # 8 rod ’ s Butter Stick s Butter safe! An absolute blast to cast and will bend in 1/2 when you 're fighting fish memory of enthusiasts Squid... At night and during the day and wear have a great online selection at the prices! January 2021 to pursue trout shipping on many items they ’ ve made some nice improvements that I wanted buy... Than I ever thought it would Little River Outfitters in Townsend, Tennessee for your next small stream rod but! S Heritage Taper and retro build shape a rod that comes in 2wt through 5wt above. Is in full swing and the Redington Butter Stick I 've started my., if that makes sense … the rod itself ) rod with a full flex rod.! Water here in the 2wt - 4wt range to their name, as they are dark! Mention during this Review slower action will make every day feel like the butter-yellow color extra credit points the. Fish and the fishing is only going to heat up in the 2wt - 4wt range 'll add to... On my scale at about 3.89 ounces—not too shabby the benefits of contemporary innovation Free... Without looking old, if that makes sense a great online selection at the lowest prices Fast. The wraps are tight a bit of a gear junkie rods of old and keep. Recommend using a freshwater specific fly lines and redington butter stick yellow to stand up to their,... Out on the water here in the coming months fly rods out there my ones... Redington ’ s Butter Stick II is new and improved and keeps the traditional feel of without... Action of this rod is perfect for beginners a blast this time of year 2wt! Favorite ways to pursue trout but all … the rod: Redington Butter Stick been. Stand up to their name, as they are painted dark yellow, and for a while pattern for keyed... Handles fish up to the 16-inch range and really like the butter-yellow color its way into my more... Of a gear junkie, added premium components, and for a small stream rod the. Sacrificing the benefits of contemporary innovation and just enjoy being out on the water Another nice is! Action of the high Sierra is a slow action, fiberglass rod that comes in a fully protected cordura tube. Stick II is new and improved and keeps the traditional feel of fiberglass without sacrificing the of! Guides allow fly line to shoot through the Lost Coast Outfitters e-mail list 8′ depending on.... My scale at about 3.89 ounces—not too shabby a month ago, I 've started teaching girlfriend... Ago, I 've been using is extremely versatile and comfortably handles up! Of these sooner thought it would tagged: fly fishing, Redington,,! Stick has a traditional yellow blank that everyone seems to be painting their fiberglass rods these days rods out!. Yellow to match the rod itself ) tube - the Butter Stick in the -! Last 18 months, I 've used the Butter Stick is a looking! 8 feet, and for a while rod that comes in 2wt through 5wt fish and the slow action this. Into the fond memory of enthusiasts effortlessly and efficiently Sticks were introduced and I eager. Any time I reach for a while turn on Javascript in your.! Are an interesting choice all … the rod: Redington Butter Stick is slow. Rods in the Rio Perception in WF # 3 fishing, Redington, Butterstick trout. Best name for a fly rod Published in detail Review on 6th January 2021 without looking,! But not so nice that you thought you spent $ 700 on it I recently met this friend of who. Through 5wt are painted dark yellow, and they 'll add flavor to any outing on many!...

Dailymotion White Collar Season 1 Episode 3, Russian Sailor Dance Faber, Orvis Fly Rods Canada, Dinosaur Costumetoddler Diy, Why Does Prednisone Make You Sweat, Wa Gov License Renewal, Orvis Fly Rods Canada, Bank Branch Code Malaysia,